Monday 3 April 2017

Will White 47 Racing

An introduction to Will White 47 Racing


Lap record: 1.25.226, source - thundersportgb.com


That moment you realise that the emotion you experience behind the bars of a superbike on a racing circuit is what you crave all day, every day, is the moment which opens your eyes to a whole new future. 


This is exactly what our good friend has experienced and we want you to get to know him. His name is William White. Wearing number 47, riding a Triumph 675R, Will is emerging as one of the best riders in the Thundersport Elite championship for 2017. 


Will getting ready to practice at Donington Park - March 2017

Coming 1st/2nd and 3rd in 2016, Will has more power than ever before to be on the podium for the championship – he's also a genuinely good lad. We met up with him over a soft drink to find out more about what drives his love for riding and racing. 


"I’m Will White of Will White Racing #47, I’m 25 and racing in the Thundersport 600 elite. It all started at the age of five my parents bought me a motocross bike and from there it all began. 



In 2004 I entered my first race on an 85cc supermoto and finished mid table, learning a lot and realising this was something I really had a passion for. I spent a few years between motocross and supermotos entering races and doing quite well with the odd podium finish. 

It wasn’t until 2008 I had my first experience on a road bike which just so happened to be on track, my first ever track day…I was on a 2006 Triumph Daytona 675 and thoroughly enjoyed the speed, and thrill of it all. 



2009 saw me getting my ACU license on the same 675 I’d ridden the previous year which quickly saw me entering my first races. In 2010 at Mallory Park with New Era, my first race I finished third, something I’m really proud of and still owed a trophy! 



My next race at Snetterton saw me finish 4th or 5th. I really enjoyed it all and so I got the bug from there. In 2011 I really started racing, I entered the HotTrax Club on my 675 super sport, 2011 was a year of learning. I crashed a lot but always got back up knowing I still had lots to learn and it was my drive and passion that kept me going. 



In 2012 I entered the Michelin power cup which actually saw me stay there for two seasons with some achievements I’m proud of. In 2012 I averaged a 4th or 5th finish with three podiums. In 2013 I had won every race until three quarters of the way through the season I broke my leg at work. 

With my leg healed I entered the Thundersport in 2014, which was to be a painful year. I was averaging a 4th place finish through the season until I crashed again due to oil on the track, another broken leg. 2015 was filled with ups and downs in Thundersport. 

I was really excited to be offered a ride on a Ducati 1198, being offered to race such an exquisite machine is enough to fill anyone with joy but it didn’t all go to plan. The first race of the season the bike wouldn’t run and the fuel pump packed up on the spare bike so I pulled the trusty Triumph out the van and rode that all weekend. 


Will working on the 675R at Donington Park - March 2017

The second round I was back on the Ducati but had a bad crash in practice, towards the end of the start finish straight either the engine seized or the brakes completely locked and threw me off the bike. This was a big knock for my confidence. It was after this I was also made redundant. Looking back I believe this helped me get to where I am now though, and I’m proud of that. 




Between the second half of 2015 and the start of 2016 I spent a lot of time riding motocross and I even entered some endurance races. One that springs to mind was a 10 hour endurance race and the team I was riding with finished 8th out of over 80 teams! That was awesome. 2016 saw me back in Thundersport, this time in the elite class on my 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R, which was supposed to be my dad’s track bike – thanks dad! I really struggled in the first few rounds and didn’t score any points, everything was a learning curve which is something I really enjoyed."


Will's Triumph Daytona 675R waiting to be unleashed at Donington Park - March 2017


Close ups of Will's 675R

Close ups of Will's 675R

Close ups of Will's 675R

Close ups of Will's 675R

After learning more about the bike and improving his race craft, Will finished 3rd by the end of the season. It was this season he achieved a new 600cc lap record for Rockingham, and still holds it! 



Will White 47 attacking Donington Park - March 2017

"Getting the lap record meant so much to me, I couldn’t stop smiling for days, even now it brings a smile just thinking about it" says Will.


"For the 2017 I’m still on board my 675R, and my aim is to win the Thundersport Elite 600 Championship. For me it’s not about chasing trophies though, it’s the pure thrill that reinforces why I do it.


Will's 675R posing for a photoshoot in the paddock at Donington Park - March 2017

Will White 47 Racing has several sponsorship opportunities available and we’re working with him to help achieve the best he possibly can. If you, your business or anyone you know would be interested in helping Will and promote their company at the same time – please get in touch with us via email and share this amazing opportunity for the 2017 race season.


Our email address is: birotaruk@gmail.com 




We’re helping Will secure sponsorship by the end of April 2017. So be quick!

Keep an eye out for an insight to his racing season here: 


Youtube 
BirotarUK 

#BirotarUK

No comments:

Post a Comment